Saturday, November 14, 2009

Talking About Love.

In exactly a week, I will be getting ready to spend my last night at the villa. It won't even be the same. Half of our group will have already left for free travel. At least 3 of my 5 roomies will be gone. THis wonderful semest has flown by. It seemed like forever while it was happening, but these last few weeks have gone way too fast. Going home will be bittersweet. I'm ready to be home with my friends and family. But I'm not ready to leave the villa, and even the people I'm here with. Yes, I'll see most of them on campus next semester, but it will never be the same. Most of all though, I'm not ready to leave Florence. This place has become almost just as much my home as Searcy has. I get so restless in Searcy, and after the time I've spent LIVING in ITALY, I don't want to go back. I love Harding, but I've never really loved Searcy.



I'm rambling alot, I know. I'm crying alot too, just FYI.



On the day that we got here, I came up to my room, and found my bed and closet with my name tags on them. On all of our beds there was a rose and 2 pieces of candy. A few days later, I ate my first piece of delicious Italian toffee chocolate peanuty candy and on the inside of the foil wrapper, there was some little piece of Italian wosdom. I don't remember it, but I thought it was cool. So naturally, I opened up the other, ate the wonderful candy, and looked at the words on the inside. I don't remeber the Italian, but the English translation of it read: "We've talked a lot about love. Now let's try to listen to it, shall we?" This is what I needed to hear. This was what would take over my semester.

While I've been here, I've been learning. And most of that learning has nothing to do with the classes I've taken. I want so much out of life, and God will give me what I need, but I feel like he's been leading me on this adventure to calm me down, to prepare me for a bigger purpose, one that I don't understand. And He hasn't revealed it to me yet, because He knows that if He did, I would never agree to it.

I don't just want to talk about it. I want to be in on it. But first, I have to learn to listen to it.

I don't have anything to be afraid of. I might have been to timid this semester, but I want to start jumping into God's will with both feet without thinking about what I'm doing first. It's such a wonderful exciting idea that I can hardly contain my excitement.

I love Italy. I love Firenze and Scandicci. I love the villa. I love my fellow HUFers and the racket they constantly make. Sometimes you have to be loud.

I don't think I can write anymore right now. I wish I had been blogging more and journalling this, but I know there are things God will never let me forget. Pray for me please. Starting on saturday, I'm spending a month travelling around Europe. God has big plans for it, I know.

:)



1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I'm crying too now! I am so proud of you and your heart for God! I am so blessed to be your mom!

    ReplyDelete