Many things happen chapel...
Today I had a significant amount of coffee in my system by the time 9 o'clock rolled around. On Tuesday and Thursday, when I have Bible at 7:30 am, I tend to consume a great deal of coffee. And today, being unusually nippy for April, I made sure to bring plenty to keep me warm AND awake. So needless to say, I was actually sentient this morning. And it was choir chapel, so it was good that I would actually be able to relax and enjoy their performance. Well, I thought I would be able to relax and enjoy their performance.
I don't remember the first song that was sung as part of actual chapel, but the second one was "Awesome God". But like the one where there's that echo and then the girls and guys sing totally seperate things. Anyway, there's that little bridge, where everyone sings all together:
Our God is an awesome God
He reigns from heaven above
With wisdom, power, and love
Our God is an awesome God
And I seriously think I had a vision just then.
It was like I saw all of the kids in Vienna. But they were older. And there were so many people. They weren't having church in the youth center, they were having it in a bigger building, and still the people were spreading out into the hallways. They were just crammed in there! And they were all praising God, lifting Him up.
It was crazy. Tears welled up in my eyes. Suprise, suprise. People around me probably thought I was losing it. I thought I was losing it. But wait. It gets better.
For the devotional, the guy talked about unity in the body, and how there is a place for everyone. How everyone is needed because the collective body needs every individual's strength. I don't think the chapel-talker mentioned this, but it reminded me of the narrative at the end of Acts when the ship that is taking Paul to Rome gets caught in a serious storm. They thought they were gonna die, so some of the men tried to sneakily escape on the lifeboat. But Paul told them that all would survive the shipwreck and make it safely to shore. However, if these men left the boat, those onboard would not survive. So they cut away the lifeboat and made sure that everyone stayed onboard the ship. And sure enough, everyone survived the wreck. Perhaps not mentioned in the chapel talk, but pertinent, nonetheless.
Then the devo ended and the choir got up to sing. And would you guess, the first some they sang was in German. Being in German, I wasn't really able to follow it, but I really caught one word. Heilige. Holy.
Aaaand, I cried some more.
Awesome. Holy. Able to heal the ailing body. His own body. I was walking on clouds for the rest of the day. How wonderful His encouragement is!
No comments:
Post a Comment